MDG Job Openings
Preconstruction Building Needs Assessor
MDG Design and Construction LLC is seeking two (2) individuals to work a full time for 2 – 3 months and potentially part time during the rest of the year at our Troy (New York) 726 Unit, $150 million Redevelopment project to work alongside the Construction Project Managers to:
- Complete thorough inspections throughout each of the 5 sites, over 55 acres, 66 buildings, and 726 residential units.
- Assist Architect of Record, Construction Team, & Owner in developing the final Scope of Work.
- Survey existing building components and elevations to determine deficiencies.
- Utilize state of the art construction software to record existing conditions.
- Participate in Construction & Architecture discussions and meetings.
- Assist Project Manager with managing engineers/third parties onsite.
- Assist with any project or task that the Construction Managers & Owner may assign.
Ideal Candidate may have:
- Bachelor’s degree or striving to complete an Architectural or Engineering Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
- Basic familiarity with building components (or ability to learn such components).
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive.
- Broad knowledge of administrative practices.
- Ability to follow through with tasks until they are completed.
- Ability to recognize when problems exist and evaluate the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
- ABILITY TO START IMMEDIATELY
MDG Design & Construction LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
Pay: $20 – $25 per hour, commensurate with experience
Please forward your resume to: [email protected]